Well, DH is safely out east. Amazingly, despite a nearly hour delay on the Denver train departure, he arrived at his destination on time. I haven’t gotten to talk to him yet, just a lot of texts going back and forth, but I think the living situation is much better than last summer, even if the location wasn’t quite what he wanted. Being without co-workers and living alone I’m going to have to work that much harder to find the gratitude.
How are you greeting the week with gratitude this week? This week I’m grateful for:
- 24 hour car rental so we could get DH to the train station. While we could have timed that a bit better so I could have made more use of having a car, I still managed to squeeze in a mega grocery trip, got the propane tank for the grill refilled, and started the process of finding new running shoes (my last pair appear to be causing more problems than wearing the old pair) all before returning it.
- I’m making semi-regular use of the new MAX line of the Fort Collins mass transit system. It was invaluable to dealing with the car rental. The South Transit Center was just a couple blocks from the car rental. I’ve also taken it to Target a couple times, the DMV, and Saturday’s Farmer’s Market. I’m loving how much it is being used here while it is free and I hope many decide to pay the fare to use it come late August. I only wish there were a good way to educate people on proper etiquette when riding a bus such as pausing to allow people to disembark before boarding, not pulling the cord for a stop unless you actually plan to get off, and when traveling in groups to sit together, not with seats in between each of you so other people have to stand.
- Having fuel for the grill again! I’m all ready for the week now that I grilled a whole chicken last night for dinner. I have left overs for sandwiches and power bowls (along with extra quinoa I cooked up) for dinners this week. I’m looking forward to baking in it again too. I suspect I’ll need to bake bread come the weekend.
- My personal trainer/water aerobics instructor at the gym. I used my birthday session on Friday and we expanded my strength training routine now that my shoulders/neck are improving a bit. I’m back to some free weight work! Yay! We also added some stuff to address my feet issues that have cropped up recently. I’m excited to jump in this afternoon on the new routine.
- The LiveWell Colorado Get Movin’ Challenge in the month of May was very successful for me. I killed it and wracked up almost 93 foot miles (just deliberate walking, I don’t have a tracker to measure steps or that so this was just to/from bus stops etc.)! I need a different goal for June though and not sure what to aim for. 100 foot miles? 100 bike miles? 200 people-powered miles divvied up however? 13 strength workouts (every M,W,F in June)? May did prove to me though that goals are necessary, even if I don’t have a race or special even coming up.
- DH’s officemates are great because they put up with me :-) I’ve been semi-regularly working at an empty desk in their office. Now I’m using DH’s desk. Admittedly the office has been relatively empty the couple times I’ve been in since spring term ended.