- Saturday morning I baked homemade whole wheat pumpkin cake doughnuts. The recipe needs a bit more tweaking, but they were not a hardship to eat!
- I also went shopping to outfit myself a bit better for the freezing temps of a 5am run in October. It included long overdue new shoes, a jacket and some tech-friendly gloves.
- I went grocery shopping - on Saturday. At Whole Foods. How I survived I’m still not quite certain, but I did.
- Both Saturday and Sunday afternoon DH and I enjoyed some scary movies. He is a huge fan of Halloween so we have a Halloween movie watching season just as we do a holiday movie season. Let’s see, we watched The Brother’s Grimm, The Others, and I think one other scary one. Then we lightened things up with 10 Things I Hate About You.
- While we took in movies and DH programmed, I visited sleeve island, though in moderation. I opted for full length sleeves and have done 40% of the increases on the first sleeve. But Saturday’s knitting did aggravate my shoulder/neck a bit so I had to dial it back and only knit for about 15 minutes at a time.
- We enjoyed a lovely early Sunday morning breakfast at a local hot spot, but were early enough to seat ourselves! No waiting! Squee!
- We went to our fav Old Town coffeeship, The Bean Cycle. I splurged on a juice rather than coffee. I couldn’t not get coffee with breakfast.
- Yesterday I made a yummy white bean and vegetable stew for dinner and lunches this week. DH added a veg sausage and I added some shredded rotiserrie chicken to boost the calories and protein a bit.
All in all, probably a pretty balanced weekend. Some errands and work was done, but there was plenty of relaxation and together time too.
I do have a question for any runners out there - is it normal to have a different feeling between your shoes? When I bought my shoes on Saturday it was raining so I couldn’t take them out and around the block. When I did my first run in them the right shoe felt like the insole was bulging upward near the inside ball of my foot and I swear I could feel the gel they use as the shock absorber sloshing around. I did not feel this on the left foot. When I took them off and compared I think I feel a very slight raised section in the right shoe, but it is very subtle. Do you think it is just a matter of breaking it in, or do I take them back to the store? The fit otherwise is fantastic. The arch hits at just the right location (something that has been troublesome in the past) and I can get the heel snugged up so I don’t slip. But that sloshing and slight bump was super distracting during the walking sections of my training. I don’t particularly notice it while running though.