Wow. It has been a week. What can I say? I’m looking forward to the weekend. I know those of you in the northeast are looking at a very snowy weekend. We have some snow forecasted, but it isn’t looking like it will amount to much, which kind of makes me sad. I hope by Sunday morning we have more coverage than in the photo above from two years ago. For one, we could really use the moisture. But it has been a not very wintery winter so far. There is still hope though. Traditionally February and March are our two snowiest months so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
Our house will be the honorary “Clubhouse” this Monday evening, so there will be a good bit of cleaning and a little bit of kitchen prep going on at our house this weekend. I’ll be making my whole grain chai doughnuts in mini form, prepping the dry and wet ingredients on Sunday so when I get home from work there is minimal more work to do to get them in the oven. I think I’ll also make a spiced up version of this Wasabi Soy Spread/Dip (I typically double or triple the amount of wasabi, though I am working with powder so that may be why I need to boost it) I’ve brought to knitting before. That does means lots of prepping of fresh vegetables to accompany it. The rest of the food will likely be ready to eat stuff – a cheese or two, some crackers, and a fruit or two. If I’m super motivated I may make up my homemade chai concentrate, but I’m not promising it!
What are you planning this weekend? Do you have any exciting knitting on your needles? I need to knit vicariously through you! :-)
Here are some links that caught my eye this week that you might find inspiation from:
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding - still pretty high calorie, but there are at least really good fats and fiber going on
- Homemade Black Licorice (via The Kitchn) - I’m not likely to ever do it, but that is one of the last things I thought about being able to make at home
- Orange and Cardamom Iced Coffee - cardamom & coffee, need I say more?
- Cardamom Lemon Soda Bread - whole grain even, be still my heart!
- Gorgeous Lacey Tank Top Knitting Pattern
- Free Knitted Truffles Pattern - calorie free!
- Coconut Oil Skin Polish
- WildCraft Face Cream
What has inspired you this week?