The past 6 weeks or so around here have been really rough. I think partly due to winter doldrums and partly to things life has dished out. Others close to me have also been having rough times. Everyone around me is needing lifting up and no one is able to lift me up. There is a sprinkling of good things going on that have me quite excited, but not enough to improve the stress levels significantly. Add onto it snow cover (of which I really am quite thankful for as we need the moisture) and no longer having a gym membership or any sort of cardio equipment at home and I’m not getting to run as regularly as I need to manage my stress and get good sleep. So, it has been even harder than usual to find the positive. But I’m trying.
I’m re-working this week’s theme a tad to put a more positive spin on it - 10 Things I’m Looking Forward To About Spring. As I sit down to write this I’m not certain I’ll come up with 10, but we’ll see how far I get.
- No more sub-freezing runs!
- No more excuses such as snowy and icy conditions to keep me from running.
- The return of a bit more color in our immediate world.
- Getting my hands out in the dirt.
- Spending time out on the patio with the dogs, a good book and some knitting or spinning.
- Hiking some of the great trails in the area, especially at Bobcat Ridge and Soapstone Prairie.
- Being able to get out and log some volunteer hours cleaning up a natural area I adopted.
- Biking for transportation more regularly.
- Firing up the grill again. Eggplant never tastes as good as when it is grilled!
- More interesting photo subjects abound with buds on trees, blooming flowers, green grass and bright blue skies.
Hey, I did it! And I hardly cheated (though 1 & 2 are probably close enough to the same to have been combined into 1). How about you? What are you looking forward to about spring?