This is not going to be a fun one. I’m in a mood and randomly diving into my thoughts will not be pretty. But it is real. Sorry, turn back now!
- I’m tired of wind. I’ve only managed about 3 hours sleep each of the past 5 nights. I’m tired!
- I’m really frustrated with people who do not respect the power of fire and the dryness of their surroundings. Playing with fire puts many people’s lives at risk, especially those who fight the fires. It puts family’s homes in danger. It puts the respiratory health of an entire city at risk.
- I’m thankful for the wildland fire crews and all of our firefighters as well as all of the emergency crews who respond to such situations as wildfires. Especially for the crew on the Galena fire who have gotten it nearly contained very quickly despite lack of usual resources and uncooperative weather.
- I’ve gotten bored with food. Sounds crazy I know. I just don’t want to deal with it anymore. I don’t want to think about what to make, make it, or clean up after making it. That might mean there is no food post tomorrow. We’ll have to wait and see.
- I’d like favorable weather for working out outside. No smoke inhalation warnings. No 30 mph winds. No snow and ice in the bike lanes (my preferred location to run when in the neighborhood). Coldish is okay, I can deal with that.
- I love my coffee press (see #1) and am so glad a friend many years ago taught me the right way to brew a satisfying pot. I almost gave the press away. I shudder to think about that now.
- I finished my DIP Ver 1.0. It prompted quite the discussion at knitting last night, but a few other spin-off ideas are now a bit more solidified and I’m reinvigorated in terms of knitting. I’m looking forward to getting it soaked and blocked today.
- I updated a few older patterns to my current layout which removes the watermark that causes problems viewing in non-Adobe viewers. I also re-released a few patterns that had become no longer available from their original sources. I’ll continue to plug away at both. See the Woodland Trails cowl, the Spring Frills cuffs, the Fit to Be Tied neckerchief, and the Cirrus shrug. I’m totally thinking about whipping up a Cirrus in my new size, but can’t quite decide on a color to go with my spring/summer wardrobe.
- Have you heard about Dreaming of Shetland yet? I’m very excited to be a part of it and to help support Deb’s very valuable research!
- I’m looking forward to some quality time with my sketchbook to capture some of the ideas running through my head.
- Because I can - I’m excited to dive into the results of last week’s kombucha brewing. If you don’t follow me on social media you probably haven’t heard, but I started an experiment and have 4 different types of tea brewing as well as coffee. I’ve made kombucha with all four types of tea before but was never able to do a side-by-side comparison before. I think I’ll be bottling tomorrow or Thursday. If you are local and are interested in a scoby to brew your own kombucha, just let me know.
Okay, somehow, it seems getting some of that stuff out of my head allowed me to get a bit more positive toward the end. Guess there is a take away lesson in that, huh? Who would have guessed that writing a 10 on Tuesday post would teach me something?!?