1. I’m grateful for Kathryn of Alpacmundo! In exchange for what was really a tiny bit of labor on my part (and a small Blizzard after all was said and done) she set us up with spent hay from her alpacas for mulch. She even picked me up at my house to save me a trip with the currently questionably reliable car. I’ve offered to help her put the spent hay on her garden when she is ready. The garden is so much prettier and I haven’t had to pull a weed yet :-)
2. I am also thankful that I am adventurous in the kitchen and feel comfortable taking inspiration from a restaurant and trying to recreate my favorites at home. Last week I had an amazing cucumber and watermelon salad that was soooo refreshing. I’ve recreated it with the basil I pinched back which wasn’t yet enough for pesto but was perfect for this salad. I’m excited to share it with the knitters tonight. I hope they like it as much as I did!
3. I’m again thankful for my gym membership. I had a kick-butt week last week, burning 700-1200 calories 6 out of the 7 days. On Saturday I got to take a workshop on proper form for Barre workouts — holy cow is that a workout! I burned nearly 500 calories according to my heart rate monitor and I’m still feeling it today in my legs, LOL! It is also a nice place to soak up some AC and work between group classes if I’m so motivated to attend multiple ones.
4. I am very fortunate to live in an area with some great local products. I had a really active day on Saturday starting with a 10 mile bike ride before the Barre workshop but was meeting with friends for breakfast at 9am which is too late for my early morning rise time so I fueled for the bike ride to breakfast with some Noosa yoghurt in lemon (not widely distributed yet I don’t think) and a cup of fresh blueberries - delish! Earlier in the week I had a fantastic breakfast that happened to also be all sourced locally!
5. Of course, how could I forget about my four-legged friends?!? Even with few people to talk to I always have them and they never roll their eyes, talk over top of me, or tell me to shut-up! They especially love me when bananas are a part of breakfast :-)
What are you grateful for this week?