1. I’m grateful I live in a health-conscious community where there are copious bike lanes and trails, fun organized events around fitness like Wednesday’s Bike to Work Day and Saturday’s Meditation in Motion with a group bike ride to a yoga studio for a free hot yoga class follower by another group ride to a local microbrewery (I skipped that part, sadly) and that we have a few restaurants in town that offer delicious and healthy food options. Not only did I get up and moving with other people, it pushed me out of my usual comfort zone in so many different ways and that is how you grow!
2. I’m grateful for non-scale victories on my fitness journey - like totally rocking a hot vinyassa yoga class when I don’t regularly do vinyassa flow and had never done that hot of a hot yoga class. Or getting a record distance in my 40 minutes on the Elliptical while also having upped the difficulty level. Or barely increasing my breathing when riding notorious hills I’ve purposefully avoided in the past.
3. I’m also very thankful we were more or less spared the hail storm that passed through on Friday night, but still saw significant rain. My garden has lived to soak up several more days of sun!
4. I’m grateful that I enjoy reading. It has provided a good way to fill hours that in the past have been filled with DH. It was especially fun to take some time on Friday night to give myself a much needed pedicure!
5. I’m grateful for friends who think of me when celebrating recent huge accomplishments from 4 years of hard, dedicated work! You know who you are and you rock!
What are you grateful for this week?