Sure, the cold and slop can be annoying, but I like winter. I can’t quite imagine living anywhere that doesn’t have a distinct winter season.
- Baking! When it is cold outside it is so nice to heat up the house by running the oven. We’ve been doing baked breakfasts a lot and I tried my hand recently at my first whole grain cinnamon rolls and DH has been making a whole wheat French bread regularly. We’ve also been talking about dusting off the Semla recipe here before Fat Tuesday.
- Citrus season! I love starting my day with warm lemon water and I adore fresh grapefruit and the little clementines are such handy little serving sizes so I love when citrus is in season.
- Hibernation days! When it is super cold or the roads are particularly bad I just hunker down at home and work there. It is so nice to be snug in the house and get to look out at the cold world and laugh at the dogs go nuts in the snow.
- It seems to bring people together more. Neighbors help shovel walks or push cars out etc.
- Great photographic opportunities, though I had to admit to not dusting off the camera at all this year really other than for work. Some of my most favorite shots are winter ones.
- Cuddling in bed with DH and/or the dogs!
- Snowshoeing! If I had known we’d have so many snows this winter I would have been tempted to pick up a pair at the end of last season, but I didn’t so I haven’t been snowshoeing this year, but I still enjoy it.
- Getting to wear plenty of my handknits - cowls, shawls, hats, socks, sweaters!
- Soaks in a warm bath! Nothing warms you up or loosens tight muscles better!
- My knitting sock monkey flannel PJs :-)
Can you come up with 10 things you like about winter?