Wow, has 2014 been trying so far. Much of the trials the past few weeks have not been mine to share so it was easier to stay quiet, though extremely difficult to find anything to be grateful for. Now that we are on the other side the fog is thinning and finding a few positives is a bit more possible.
How are you doing? Are you greeting the weeks with gratitude?
- The Mayo Clinic and their efficiency. What took more than 2 weeks to return inconclusive results at the hometown medical center/hospital had answers in three days at the Mayo. Not answers I’m terribly satisfied with (no treatment); though much, much better than we had been lead to believe from the hometown doctors. No cancer!
- Technology - cell phones, texting, e-mail, Siri etc. that all made it possible to be kept up to date on the progress of tests and diagnoses.
- Family in Rochester and Willmar who were able to step up and help mom and dad through this process with rides and guest beds when my sister and I could not
- The Internet and its wealth of information and tutorials on Adobe products (plus some books from the CSU library). My knowledge and skills in Illustrator have grown exponentially in the last couple of months. I’m well beyond proficient now (dare I say verging into advanced?) and am hugely proud of the graphics I’ve been turing out for work. There have been very detailed and complex infographics, posters, stickers, postcards and more.
- WorldCurlingTV - this last week we watched a handful of the US National Curling Championships which were being live streamed on YouTube. It was great since we didn’t get to see much Olympic curling because that was all on cable channels. And boy was the men’s final championship draw a fun one! Wow!
- And last, but certainly not least, all of you who shared your positive energy, light, prayers, etc. with myself and my family these past few weeks without knowing the full story. It was greatly appreciated!