I’m very late in posting today because I had an early morning photoshoot. As luck would have it, it was very dark and overcast this morning and now the light in the living room is FANTASTIC! When I don’t have a model available :-(
I did come to one conclusion - I need better trained dogs, LOL! Above is an “outtake” from this morning. Of course the poor lighting conditions required a 1/15 sec shutter speed (that is very slow and requires a tripod) doesn’t help with a couple hyper dogs. Probably 80% of the shots with either Brandon or Emma look like a streak of black or brown.
- Here is a great yarn ball Halloween wreath. No directions, but a inspiration idea. I’m sure you could use scraps and styrofoam balls to make it.
- While we have no shortage of pumpkins here, I understand other parts of the country do (and our prices are not nearly as low) here are 5 ideas to do instead of carving pumpkins.
- I love these adorable mummies made from food boxes! It sounds easy too!
- This is a great idea for a spooky mirror to decorate your house with.
- Can’t decide how to decorate your pumpkin? How about turn it into a chalkboard so you can put new faces on it over and over?
- If you want some tips for better capturing your trick or treaters on Halloween, Adorama made a nice video this week to help you out.
- I am *loving* this jersey knit cardigan and am thinking my sewing machine is going to *have* to be dusted off to make one of these!
- This ruffled skirt is really cute too!
- If only we had more places that carried cute placemats I’d have to make this great grometted tote bag!
- This s’More birthday cake looks scrumptious!
- I keep wanting to try steel cut oats. This recipe with apples might be the winner for my first go.
- The photos in this post on pears, hazlenuts and honey are so drool worthy. I must buy more pears…She also had a recent post on Gluten Free Maple Glazed Donuts that have me intrigued.
- Along with pumpkin, one of my other favorite fall flavors is molasses and Rodale shared 5 recipes featuring the dark syrup.
- The Panopticon made me laugh again this week with his public service announcement.
- The difference between Facebook and Twitter gave me a great chuckle too. (Thanks Chris!)
This was as close as we got to a usable shot with a dog in it… *sigh*