Decarhombi Felted Bag
The unusual construction of the bag is gracefully highlighted through the use of ombre striping yarns such as Plymouth Boku shown here. This is also a great stash busting project. Do your own striping sequences or knit each square in a different color, the possibilities are endless! Each small square requires roughly 1/2 ounce and each large square uses 2 ounces.
The pattern is written for one size with guidance on changing the size and substituting yarns. It also includes two handle options - commercial leather or i-cord.
While the stitch pattern is not difficult, the innovative construction method is recommended for adventurous knitters.
- Skill Level: Adventurous Intermediate
- Size:12X12X8.5 inches, with guidance for 5.75-15.5 inches high
- Yarn Requirements: ~450 yds Feltable Worsted Weight Yarn for size given in pattern, other sizes will require more or less yardage
- Needles: US11 (8.0mm) DPNs (set of 5), or sized needed to obtain a small square of 6.5 inches pre-felting and 4.25 inches post-felting.
- Notions: Stitch Markers, Tapestry Needle, Large Rolled Leather Grayson E Handles (shown in Buckskin) (optional), Needle Felting Tools (for leather handle option)
Shown in Plymouth Boku, 95% Wool 5% Silk, 99 yds per 1.75 oz
Other suggested yarns:
Note: You will need to be able to download an ~1 Mb file and have the latest version of Acrobat Reader to view or print this pattern in the download version. There are no refunds for patterns.