Towel Trio Knitting Pattern
This set of three hanging kitchen towels captures the look of traditional woven towels through the use of slipped stitch patterns and pairs it with the retro hanging loop often found crocheted on the tops of store bought towels. The slipped stitches not only mimic the look of woven material, but also create a more absorbent fabric and help to control vertical growth over time.
Adorn them with great buttons and hang them on your oven or refrigerator door to dress up your kitchen with some fun retro spark!
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Sizes: 12″ Wide at Bottom, Length Varies
- Gauge: 5 sts and 7 rows per inch in Stockinette Stitch is shown, but size and gauge are not critical. If substituting yarn use needles to give you manufacturer’s suggested gauge or slightly loose to maintain drape.
- Yarn Requirements: DK Weight Cotton, Linen or Hemp. Shown here, Tahki Cotton Classic, 100% mercerized cotton, 10-ply, 108 yds per 50 gm in 3876 Dark French Blue (3 skeins), 3995 Deepest Red (2 skeins) and 3254 Chocolate Malted (1 skein)
- Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm)
- Other Notions: Stitch Markers, Tapestry Needle, 5/8″ - 3/4″ Button per towel, G/6 (4.0mm) crochet hook (for Tweed Stripe towel only)
This pattern is recommended for intermediate knitters who have prior experience knitting slipped stitch patterns and simple intarsia (for Plaid Towel only). Some experience in single crochet also recommended.
The 3-page pattern includes both written and charted versions of the stitch patterns.
Note: You will need to be able to download a 1 Mb file and have the latest version of Acrobat Reader to view or print this pattern in the download version. Due to the electronic delivery process there are no refunds for patterns, though reasonable efforts will be made to help troubleshoot any technical issues you may encounter..